The Verdict: 14 Days with Clarisonic Plus
I have been using Clarisonic Plus for 2 weeks now. This review is based on my personal experience within that time. Due to our different skin conditions, individual experiences and results may vary. Please refer to my FAQ page to find out more about my skin condition. I find I’m like a broken record every time I talk about my own face
Below is taken from clarisonic.com:
About Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System
Fewer dry patches
Gentle exfoliation for softer, smoother skin
Firmer skin with improved texture
Great prep before applying self tanner
Well, I haven’t tried the body brush head yet, so this review is purely on The Face. To keep this post within a reasonable length, I summarised some of my observations in bullet points. I also took before and after photos for you to see, with hopes the photos can capture the real difference. I used the Clarisonic Plus on my face for 1 minute, every morning and night with my own cleanser. I used it according to the instruction, which was 20 sec on forehead, 20 sec on nose and chin, 10 sec on each cheek = 60 seconds.
- Skin feels smoother to touch, for sure
- Skin tone looks a little lighter and more even without blotchiness or dry patches
- Smaller looking pores!!
- Lighter pigmentations, especially my freckles on my cheeks and old acne marks
- Less breakouts (it was the time of the month after I took the ‘before photo’ and naturally I had some breakouts. But this time, there were minimal spots!)
- Faster healing (my spots usually leave me marks because I have an obssessive compulsive reaction to pick on them… then I’d regret it because it’ll take months to get rid of the mark. I find with Clarisonic Plus, the marks lightened relatively quickly, and now about to disappear)
- Easier extraction of comedones (maybe because the pores aren’t clogged too much, I find the blackheads just pop out on its own)
- Rosier cheeks! I find that even without makeup, I now have a tinge of red on my cheeks. Nice.
Below are the photos, the before photos were taken before I left for Bali on 5th August morning right after shower, hence my wet hair. Sorry! I only started using the Clarisonic Plus after my short trip, that is on 8 August. The after photos were taken 21 August evening. All photos were taken using natural light, with no editing whatsoever.
Sigh. I don’t like this very much because I’m a bit conscious about my naked face, but I am sacrificing myself for this post. The photos are all taken after my skincare routine. So, without further delay, here I am in my full naked face glory!!!!
Before and After photos: 14 days result, using Clarisonic Plus during cleansing morning and night
Do you notice less freckles on my cheeks? I saw lighter pigmentations but never expected this until I saw the photos. I was totally amazed myself. I wouldn’t mind too much about the lighter skin tone because it might be due to different exposure in the sun (when photos were taken) but I hope you can see there’s definitely less blotchiness…