Tip: Lips that Last!
This is going to be my last instalment of my Dior Ipoh re-launch cover. If you’re interested in seeing how to do this look, you can refer to the makeover post here. Zaidi, Dior makeup artist, shared a tip on how to make lipsticks last. I tried it at home and it works!
Zaidi initially primed my lips with Dior Lip Maximizer (I think that’s what it is called) and I quite liked the cool minty feeling. Truthfully, I can’t tell the difference in my lips but it’s supposed to make my lips smoother. OK, here are a few simple steps to lasting velvety lips!
1. Line lips with a lip liner, and fill the rest of the lips with the liner as well.
2. Apply lipstick over the lip liner. Zaidi used a lip brush to do this, but I guess if it’s your own lipstick, you can just apply it from the tube. However, I’m pretty sure the colour from the lip liner will transfer to your tube of lippie. So, using a lip liner to apply will keep your lipsticks clean.
3. Blot lips with tissue.
4. Split the tissue so you get the thinnest layer. Put it on top of your lips. With a brush, take some face powder and press on to the lips, over the tissue.
5. Once you take off the tissue, you will get soft velvety lips! Of course, you can stop here. However, Zaidi reapplied the lipstick with a brush.
6. He also highlighted the centre of my bottom lip to give it a 3 dimentional effect.
Products used on the lips:
Lip pencil 863 Holiday Red (permanent)
Dior rouge [red] in 851 Almee (I’m not sure if this is limited edition)
Dior rouge [gold] in 217 Or Etoile (limited edition from the 2011 Christmas collection)
Here is a close up of what the lips looked like. I look a little zoned out in this photo below, but it captures the lips best. I went to have my dinner after the makeover and the red was all over my tea cup! I was like, eh, I thought the lips will last through everything. I didn’t bother much with it, didn’t even check the mirror. When I got home, I was surprised. Sure, the gloss and shine were gone, but my lips were nowhere pale or just left with a stain. My lips were still intensely red.
I tested out this technique for a few days. Yup, it lasts alright. I’d skip this if I were in a hurry, but when I have more time, or when I’m out for a social dinner, I still use this little trick. I hope you found this useful and that you’ll try it. Let me know if it works for you too!
ps: A big thank you to Dior Jusco Ipoh team for this fun little event. My girls and I enjoyed it very much. Awesome collection, friendly staff, my favourite brand so far! Also a shout out to Cindy (retail manager), Wee Pinn (general brand manager), Zaidi (senior makeup artist) and Ken (hairstylist).