Tip: How To Apply Bold Lipstick featuring Revlon
I find that applying sheer lipsticks is a breeze. However, when it comes to bold lips, it can be quite unforgiving. Furthermore, my lips are uneven, so everything is emphasized. Darker lips also make lips look thinner, so those with less pouty lips should be careful. Here are some tips on how I wear bold lips. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way, but here’s what I’m comfortable with.
I always have a lip brush handy, and cotton buds or tissue to clean up. I have with me Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red, and Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in Red. Really Red is a bright red that leans a little warm on me. Reminds me of really ripe tomatoes. Even though the formula is matte, it doesn’t dry out my lips much. There is minimal transfer and the colour makes me look brighter, happier I like the lip liner because I don’t have to sharpen it, and it goes on smooth and pigmented. Then, the price is affordable, so I’m a happy camper. While I haven’t had much luck with Revlon face and eyes recently, I sure love these 2 products
OK, here is what I do:
- Condition lips with a lip balm 15 minutes to half hour prior. Any slip from the balm will dramatically reduce the staying power of the lipstick.
- I like to apply the lipstick from the bullet first, even though it is not the most flattering. Messy, I know.
- With a lip brush, I even out the red so that I can see the shape of my lips clearly.
- I try to even out my lips with the lip liner, even though it’s hard to get a symmetrical shape. I attempt to make it less obvious, that’s it.
- I dip the lip brush into the lipstick again, and apply another coat, blending it out into the lip liner too. No lip ring, please!
- I blot and I re-apply, cleaning up any messy lines with a cotton bud and voila. My red lips.
Is this how you do it? If I want the lip colour to stay put even longer, I use the other method I showed you earlier. Oh, just because I edited the photo, I want to include it in this post too
What are your tips to wearing bold lips? And what’s your favourite affordable red lipstick?