Midmonth Tastebuds: Bruschetta!
It’s been a while since I talked about food. Also, I’ve been a little bored talking about makeup and skincare. Let’s talk about lovely noms. I loooooove bruschetta. I love it on warm garlic toasted sliced baguette, or even on grilled chicken. It’s the mixture of fresh tomatoes, onions and garlic all tossed together with the beautiful aroma of herbs. It is healthy, easy to throw together, something I think everyone must try! I used to pay heaps to eat these in restaurants, but no more. I can’t believe I paid that price for something I can put together in less than 10 minutes.
Here’s the photo I posted on Instagram…
Let me share the recipe with you, and you can try it yourself. Maybe you can share your version too, and I can “taste” your version! Here are what you need:
- Fresh Tomatoes – 4 big ones, and I sometimes like to mix different tomatoes together. (diced)
- Red Onion – half of a big one. You can add more if you like but I find it overpowering the sweetness of the tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 clove. Of course, you can add more, really, your preference. (finely chopped)
- Some leaves of fresh Italian Parsley, Sweet Basil and Oregano. All to your own taste. I use about 10 leaves each. (very finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper
- Baguette – sliced diagonally
Dicing and chopping are most of the work. Now comes the easy part. Mix all the fresh ingredients together, adding the oil, salt and pepper to taste. I like to warm up my baguette in a toaster but my mom likes the baguette as it is. Again, all up to you. I’ve tried adding some cream cheese on the baguette before piling on the fresh veggies and Oh. Ma. Goodness. Tastes awesome! I try not to do it too often, or it would add unnecessary calories. If you’re not watching your weight, go crazy. Add whatever cheese you want, and I know some of you just LURVE cheese!
Try it. It’s so yummy!